Vision and Mission
That all citizens in Floridas Heartland region will have access to education,
information and communication resources to help make the region a better place
to learn, live, grow and prosper.
To provide an independent communications network for the Heartland region in
central Florida, providing people worldwide access to education, information and
communication resources, promoting participation in civic life and enhancing the
community socially, culturally and economically.
We will achieve this through these specific
- Provide a well-organized, easy-to-use
computer-based network connecting all citizens throughout the region.
- Provide for on-going support and training for
citizens, through classes, personal, telephone and online support.
- Develop the means for citizens to interact
with each other, with elected officials and government at all levels.
- Provide access and support to specific
programming, or develop specific programs when appropriate, to encourage
participation in civic life, growth and development.
- Provide sustainability and development for
the network to assure on-going access for citizens to increasing amounts of
- Continuously seek out additional information,
education and communication resources to broaden and deepen the quality of
the network and enhance its value to citizens.
- Continuously seek and develop partnerships
and collaborations with individuals, government and private businesses to
enhance the quality of the network.